You knew it was inevitable. In a way, it was a miracle it didn't happen earlier.
I am now a blogger. I still don't know how I feel about it.
I thought that creating a facebook profile was difficult. And customizing my myspace, well wasn't that a nightmare. So many choices. So many colors. So not tech savy.
Truthfully, the difficulty with a blog was finding a title AND choosing a URL. So permanent. Thank my lucky stars, the brilliant minds behind the blogosphere understand this dilemma and they have made even that editable. So, should I (or perhaps, when I) change my mind, there will be another post explaining myself.
Now. I am getting ahead of myself. Let me just sum up my current dilemma in two words: music and lyrics. So many delicious lyrics. And all so definitive.
(As a side note I should prepare you for my exessive usage of the word 'so')
But something wouldn't let me use someone else's words on my blog. Now, it is highly probable that I will quote lyrics on here more than I should, but that's different than having your blog name and URL be someone else's brainchild. So I decided to look closer to home. I won't explain my thought process or where exactly my eyes wandered to. The important thing is that I ended at the Bell Tower. And this is where I sound conceited (a still unanswered and slightly troubling question: is it possible to blog and not?), because you see, the Bell Tower is a poem. You guessed it, I wrote it. My anticipated travels inspired this blog. Past travels inspired this poem. It was only fitting. The circle of life, my friend, the circle of life....
If this blog were a book, this post might be the prologue. Possibly an introduction. Most likely however, it would be a dedication, summed up like this: this book is dedicated to a poem which is, inidentally, dedicated to me. And so, you see, this is just the flowering of what may become a pretentious and self-involved monster. You'll pardon me if sometimes, I flatter myself that you want to read all I have to write and my dramatizations and analyzations and so forth. Because heaven knows, I am one long-winded son of a gun. Not to mention a bell tower.
No comments:
Post a Comment